An action plan to tackle violent crime by drunken thugs is being drawn up for Wolverhampton city centre after 200 attacks so far this year.
The attacks include the murder of stab victim Tom Kirwan.
There has also been a series of nasty assaults in recent weeks, with victims being kicked and punched to the head.
In the latest attack, a woman was assaulted in Gorgeous Bar, School Street, early on Saturday.
The city council revealed today that it was looking at proposals to clamp down on violent crime as part of wider regeneration plans.
Bosses said it was too early to reveal exact details but a number of proposals were in the pipeline.
Karen Samuels, the city council's head of community safety, said: "The recent tragedy and other incidents in the city centre have understandably had an effect on people's perception of safety.
"We are developing an in-depth, tailored, intervention plan for the city centre which will address issues.
"The proposals are still in planning stage, but should mirror wider regeneration plans for the city centre."
Supt Mark Payne, of Wolverhampton Police, said: "I would reiterate that the city is a safe place to come and visit."
Related story - Calls for more police to tackle Wolverhampton violence