Express & Star

Student satisfaction rises at University of Wolverhampton

Student satisfaction has soared at the University of Wolverhampton over the past year, new figures have revealed.

Published
Last updated
The University of Wolverhampton

The National Student Survey revealed 83 per cent of students had an ‘overall satisfaction’ with the university during their studies.

It means student’s satisfaction levels have risen, with the university now on par with the national average.

Dr Anthea Gregory, deputy vice-chancellor (academic), said: “We are committed to enhancing the learning opportunities available and it is really pleasing to see that this is valued. We also place great emphasis on listening to the student voice and creating a strong learning community.”

The survey asks students from across the country how satisfied they are with their university, course, teaching, support, resources and students’ union.

Overall satisfaction among students rose from 82 per cent last year, while academic support also increased to 78 per cent. Students were particularly happy with learning opportunities offered by the university, with 85 per cent claiming they were satisfied.

Quality of the learning community soared to 79 per cent, while satisfaction with learning resources remained high at 86 per cent.

This year’s survey comes after employability statistics revealed 96 per cent of graduates from the university have a job or are in further study six months after leaving, with 72 per cent in managerial or professional roles.

Staff were also left in high spirits after winning a silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), recognising the quality of the learning and teaching.

Dr Gregory said: “Alongside our recent TEF Silver Award and the latest high employability figures, the results of the NSS 2018 show that the University of Wolverhampton is a great place to study as the prospects are excellent.

“As a university, we are at the heart of economic regeneration in the Black Country and are making significant investment in improving the student experience through our ongoing £250m Our Vision, Your Opportunity programme.

“This has resulted in new outstanding facilities like the Rosalind Franklin science building, a new £18m business school, high-tech engineering facilities at our Telford Innovation Campus, a new courtyard, catering and social learning facilities at our city campus and the ongoing £100m Springfield Campus development.”