Black Country and Staffordshire Remembrance services and parades 2016
The region will fall silent once again on November 11 in honour of the brave servicemen and women who gave their lives for their country.
Poignant services will be held across the Black Country and Staffordshire in tribute the fallen.
Royal British Legions have been preparing for the services for months and people will be invited to gather in town centres and around cenotaphs to pay tribute to those who died during the First and Second World Wars as well other battles over the years.
Events will take place on Remembrance Day on Friday, November 11 as well as on Sunday, November 13.
The National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire will be putting on a range of events which will be attended by Prince Harry on November 11.
Some other events include:
- St Peters Square, November 11 The Royal British Legions Wolverhampton Central branch will hold a Remembrance service at the cenotaph preceded by a short parade from 10.50am, followed by two minutes silence at 11am.
- St Peters Square, November 13 Annual service at the Cenotaph. The Band of the Mercian Regiment Band will lead a parade starting at 10.35am from Princes Square to St Peters Square.
- Ward Grove, Lanesfield. November 13 Service and wreath-laying at the memorial garden.
- Cenotaph, Bilston, November 13 A parade will march from the Exhibition Centre at 10.45am to the Cenotaph.
- Oldbury Civic Square, November 11 A short service will be held at 11am at the war memorial.
- Oldbury Civic Square, November 13 Deputy mayor Susan Downing will attend the service at the war memorial. A parade will start from the Low Town car park from 10.50am.
- Powke Lane Cemetery, Rowley Regis, November 13 The parade will start at 10.25am from Highgate Street car park, Old Hill, to the cemetery for the service at 10.50am.
- Smethwick War Memorial, High Street, Smethwick November 13 A parade starts at Smethwick Labour Club at 10.35am, to the memorial outside the Council House at 10.45am for the service.
- Victoria Park,November 13 A procession will leave Tipton Sports and Social Club, in Coneygre Road, at 10.40am to arrive at Victoria Park for the main service.
- War memorial, Walsall Road, Wednesbury, November 13 A parade will start at Royal British Legion Wednesbury, Church Hill, at 10.15am, with the service at 11am.
- Dartmouth Park, West Bromwich, November 13 A parade will start at New Square shopping centre car park at 10.40am, and head to Dartmouth Park for the service at 10.50am.
- Priory Street, Dudley, November 11 Veterans will join council staff, councillors and residents at the Clock Tower in Priory Street from 11am and includes the laying of wreaths and a two minute silence.
- Ednam Road, Dudley, November 13 A service will take place at the cenotaph in Ednam Road at 10.40am. A parade will pass from Vicar Street at 10.30am, along High Street, Stone Street, Priory Street, Priory Road and end by the cenotaph.
- St James Church, Gornal, November 13 A parade and band will leave Gornal British Legion on Ruiton Street at 10.55am to memorial hall by St James Church.
- St Peters Church, Cradley, November 13 A parade will leave Cradley Community Centre in Colley Lane around 1.15pm and head for the Cenotaph at St Peters Church.
- Woodsetton War Memorial, Woodsetton, November 13 - A service will take place at the re-located war memorial at the junction of Sedgley Road and Parkes Hall Road at around 9.15am.
- Darlaston Library, King Street, November 13 - Assemble at 10.15am for service before parade to St Lawrence Church.
- Bradford Place, November 13 A procession will leave Walsall Council House at 10.25am and make its way to the Cenotaph in Bradford Place.
- Cenotaph, Pelsall, November 13 Service including wreath-laying at 10.40am.
- Bloxwich Memorial Club, Bloxwich, November 13 - A parade will start from the memorial club on Harrison Street at 10.20am.
- Middlemore Lane Community Centre, Aldridge, November 13 - A parade begins at 10.30am.
- Brownhills Memorial Hall, Brownhills, November 13 - A parade will start at 10.35am.
- Royal British Legion, Short Heath, November 13 - A procession will leave the British Legion on Church Road at 10.30am.
- Streetly Community Centre, Streetly, Sunday, November 13 - A parade at 10.15am.
- Willenhall town centre, November 13 - A procession will start from the clock in the town centre at 10.30am.
- Rushall, November 13 event starting at 10.50am by the Memorial Stone by Rushall Library.
- St Lukes Church, Cannock, Sunday, November 13 A parade will head from Stafford Road to the Cenotaph where wreaths will be laid by dignitaries present.
- War memorial, Hednesford, November 13 A service at St. Peters Church, Church Hill, Hednesford, will be followed by a parade, which will reach the war memorial by 11am.
- War memorial, Rugeley, November 13 A church service at St Augustines Church at 9.15am will be followed by a parade from Market Street to the war memorial for 11am.
- St James Church, Norton Canes, November 13 A procession will meet at The Rectory at St James Church, Church Road and head to St. James Church for a service and wreath-laying.
- St Johns Church, Chase Terrace, Burntwood, November 13 A parade will leave Chase Terrace Scout Building, Ironstone Road, to St Johns Church.
- Queen Street, Chasetown, November 13 Remembrance service at the war memorial at 11am.
- Victoria Square, Stafford, November 13 A procession will leave the Civic Centre at 10.45am and head for the war memorial in Victoria Square.