Man taken to hospital after Brownhills house fire

A man discovered his house in Brownhills ablaze when he returned from an early morning stroll.

Man taken to hospital after Brownhills house fire

The householder, aged in his 50s, suffered burns to his hands and the effects of smoke inhalation after he walked into the property, in Vernon Avenue, to discover it was full of smoke at about 6am yesterday.

Neighbours said he had been out walking his pet dog when he returned to the semi-detached premises that has been left with 50 per cent fire damage, wrecked rooms and blackened walls throughout.

Fire crews from Aldridge, Bloxwich and Cannock used breathing gear and hose reels to tackle the blaze.

Watch Commander Mick Goode said: "The male was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation and minor burns. The house had 50 per cent fire damage and 100 per cent smoke damage."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News