Brothers jailed after brutal revenge attack saw victim hit 50 times

Two brothers have each been jailed for 10 years after savagely attacking a man who had been convicted of assaulting them.

Brothers jailed after brutal revenge attack saw victim hit 50 times

The long-running feud exploded into further violence after his partner moved into the same street as their mother, a judge heard.

Robert and Scott Williams – aged 29 and 30 respectively – struck in the early hours of July 26 after spending the night drinking in a pub, Wolverhampton Crown Court was told.

The pair burst into the house in Mill Road, Brownhills – yards from their mother's home – where 33-year-old Robert Taylor was sleeping on the sofa while his partner was out, explained Mr Oliver Woolhouse, prosecuting.

They went on a wrecking spree smashing doors, ornaments and a TV and battered the victim with fists and a metal clamp, the court heard.

Robert held Mr Taylor down while Scott hit him with the clamp and then both joined in the attack, one striking around 30 blows and the other about 20, it was said.

The victim suffered cuts and bruises to his face hands, legs and body and was left bleeding heavily when the attackers fled within minutes of forcing their way into the property.

Neighbours heard the disturbance and alerted police who arrived as the brothers were running away. The younger man was arrested outside the house and the other was detained nearby soon afterwards.

Miss Alisha Harris, defending father-of-one Scott Williams, said: "There was a history of trouble with the complainant who had previously been convicted of assaulting the defendants."

Mr Aftab Rashid, for Robert Williams, a father-of-one of previous good character, added: "There had been hostility and some kind of feud between these families but he accepts that this was a moment of madness."

The court heard that Mr Taylor was a plasterer who had not been able to work since the incident.

Scott Williams of Primrose Meadow, Heath Hayes and his brother from Mill Road, Walsall both pleaded guilty to wounding with intent and were sent to prison by Judge Michael Dudley who told them: "This was a savage attack on a victim who was not in his own home."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News