Electrical heater sparks blaze at Wolverhampton home

Wolverhampton | News | Published:

A blaze began in a living room after an electrical heater became too hot and burst into flames.

The fire was in the ground floor living room of a home on Prosser Street, Wolverhampton at around 11pm last night.

Fallings Park Fire Station's watch commander Gurpreet Gill said it appeared the blaze began because the heater was not sufficiently ventilated.

He said the room was extensively damaged after the fire, and crews needed to remove carpet and floorboards the flames had burnt through to remove any risk of a secondary blaze sparking.

He warned: "With those sorts of heaters, they need to be properly ventilated and not placed near to too many things otherwise there is a risk of fire."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star


UK & International News