Blaze at Brownhills home sparked by fairy lights
This was the dramatic scene as flames took hold in the bedroom of a home, sending a cloud of smoke into the sky.
Flames could be seen leaping from a back window of the semi-detached home in Ogley Crescent, Brownhills, just before 4pm yesterday.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus tackled the fire which is believed to have been sparked by fairy lights in a bedroom.
Crews from Aldridge, Bloxwich and Walsall were called to the scene and it took around 15 minutes to put out the blaze.
Firefighters remained at the scene for several hours afterwards as investigations were carried out. Fire damage was contained to the one rear bedroom but smoke logging was caused to the upstairs of the address.
A family of 12 were outside by the time crews arrived and no-one was injured. A paramedic was called as a precaution and police were also at the scene initially. Neighbours in the adjacent property were also also outside when firefighters arrived and their property was checked over and deemed fine.
Crew commander Peter Finazzi, from Aldridge fire station, said: "The fire started in a rear bedroom. At the moment we are putting it down to fairy lights that were wrapped around a bed."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.