Man taken to hospital after Stourbridge fire

Dudley | News | Published:

A man was taken to hospital after a fire in the kitchen of a pub in Stourbridge.

Fire fighters were called to the blaze at the Royal Exchange Pub on Enville Street, in the town, just after midnight.

When they arrived they discovered a blaze in the kitchen which was located in the residential area of the premises.

A man in his 40s was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital as a precaution.

The pub, which is a mid-terraced property, wasn't open at the time and had closed shortly before.

Crew commander Chris Glover of Stourbridge Fire Station said: "The fire was contained to the kitchen and didn't spread to the rest of the public house. The pub wasn't open at the time. One man was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation he had breathed in a degree of smoke while investigating the fire."

Two fire engines from Stourbridge were in attendance. The incident was 0ver by 1.30am.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star


UK & International News