Around a third of the steel structure that will eventually become Wolverhampton's newest Sainsbury's supermarket has now been erected at the Raglan Street site.
And despite the mud caused by recent rain, bosses say work is progressing well.
The £60 million store is on track to open in the summer, but there remains plenty to be done.
When it opens, the supermarket will be three times larger than the one it is replacing in St George's Parade and will include an in-store café, a petrol station, a recycling centre and possibly a gym.
Since initial preparation work began in 2012, contractor B&K has taken over operations, beginning with the demolition of the old site, including the former Beatties warehouse, in October last year.
The site preparation work also included major excavation and land levelling.
The first parts of the steel frame went up within a matter of weeks, but the towering structure that now stands at the site still comprises less than half of the sales floor.
The remaining part is due for completion by the end of March, along with the rest of the building's shell.
Builders recently began fitting the cladding walls to some completed parts of the structure, while the first roof panels are due to be lifted into place on February 10.
After that, concrete floors will be laid and windows fitted, before the store's interior can finally be fitted out. Work to build an on-site petrol station will run simultaneously, beginning in March, leaving only the surfacing of the car park left to do.
The company is reluctant to pin down a month for the opening, but says work is progressing as planned.
Sainsbury's project manager Nick Alston said: "We're all looking forward to opening our doors this summer and employing new colleagues from the local community. We will be making further announcements about recruitment in the coming weeks."
The development has been more than 10 years in the pipeline. A battle over planning permission between Sainsbury's and Tesco was responsible for the delay.