Advertising

Dishwasher sparks Wall Heath house blaze

Sandwell | News | Published:

A blaze broke out in a semi-detached house in Wall Heath today after a dishwasher was left unattended.

Firefighters were sent to tackle the fire in Summerfield Avenue at around 10.50am.

Two crews from Dudley went to the scene to attempt to bring the blaze under control. West Midlands Fire Service said no-one was injured.

It comes as another crew was called to tackle a blaze at bins to the rear of the building in Langley last night.

Firefighters from Smethwick and Oldbury were called to Alfred Gunn House, in Thompson Road at around 10pm.

The fire was extinguished quickly but officers remained at the scene for nearly two hours to ventilate the building. All nine floors were affected by the smoke.

No-one had to be evacuated but residents returning home were asked to wait outside. Crews said it was unclear how the bins had caught fire.

Firefighters from Dudley released images of the damage and urged householders never to leave appliances unattended. They also highlighted that closing doors at night or when out can limit the spread of fire.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News