Tribute paid to gunned down Wolverhampton rapper Big Ceezy

Wolverhampton | News | Published:

The family of a rapper who was shot and killed inside his home today paid tribute to 'a loving son' who 'never troubled anyone'.

Thirty-year-old Cornell Tulloch was found dead in his house in Florida by police on September 26. He grew up in Blakenhall, Wolverhampton, before moving to the DeLand district of Florida in the United States in 1993 with his older brother Leroy and mother Carol.

Cornell's father, Frank Tulloch, who has lived in Blakenhall for more than 30 years, said news of his son's death had left him heartbroken. "Leroy phoned me at 6am on Thursday and told me someone had been killed in Cornell's house," said Mr Tulloch. "The police had cordoned off the house so no one could be sure that it was Cornell, but deep down inside I just knew.

"Then at around 3pm Leroy called me again and my heart just broke. It has devastated all the family, we just want to know why anyone would do this to my son."

Mr Tulloch said he had fond memories of Cornell, who performed as Big Ceezy, who attended St Luke's Primary School and Colton Hills Secondary School in Wolverhampton before moving to the States.

"He was a caring, loving person who never troubled anyone," he added.

"After he moved away we always kept in touch and him and his brother came to visit me when I was in hospital a few years ago.

"He suffered from kidney disease himself from when he was a child but he never let it stand in his way.

"He had a promising career ahead of him as a musician, but now that is all gone.


"We just want answers. I can't forgive whoever has done this to Cornell."

Cornell still has a large family around the Blakenhall and All Saints areas of Wolverhampton. Mr Tulloch said he and other family members will travel to the States later this month to attend Cornell's funeral, which will be in Florida on November 2.

Florida police detectives are hunting four men who were seen running through his yard shortly after the shooting.

DeLand Police Sergeant Chris Estes said in a statement: "The detective's are still working to piece this together and develop leads on who may be responsible."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star

UK & International News