Pawtrait Pets: Does your pet have the winning pawtrait?
We have an important update to the dates for this year’s Pawtrait Pets competition!
We invited pet owners from all over the West Midlands and the Black Country to submit a perfect portrait of their pet to be in with a chance of walking away with up to £500 in prize money.
Due to the overwhelming response and the hundreds of Pawtrait Pet entries we have received for our first ever competition, the photos appeared in three separate supplements on June 12, 13 and 14. You can view them here:
- Supplement Part 1 Wednesday, June 12
- Supplement Part 2 Thursday, June 13
- Supplement Part 3 Friday, June 14
How to vote for your favourite pawtrait
Simply choose your favourite from the three special supplements and cut out the special vote tokens that will be printed each day until Saturday, June 29.
You must also complete one of the voting entry forms and send your votes along with your entry form to us, remembering to include the pets name and unique voting code number which will be printed above the pet’s name.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got a copy of the entry form as we will be printing one each Saturday during the voting period.
You may if you wish vote for more than one pet, just indicate on the entry form how many votes you wish to allocate to each one (up to a maximum of three pets per form).
You can send in your vote tokens in batches or all together in one envelope, but you must include a voting entry form each time you send them in. Please note that any votes received without a completed voting entry form or after the above deadline will not be counted.
You can also choose to vote for your favourite pet via SMS text, voting is open from Saturday, June 15 until Saturday, June 29, 2019 inclusive. Please do not try to vote before/after this date as your texts will not count and you will still be charged.
For further details about the Pawtrait Pets competition don’t miss Part 1 of the Pawtrait Pet Supplements on Wednesday, June 12th 2019.
Please Note: Photos will appear at random over the three supplements, we are unable to indicate which date your pet’s entry will appear.
The overall winner of the competition will win the coveted title of the Express & Star’s most popular Pawtrait Pet of the year as well as £500 in prize money.
Will your pet land the Express & Star’s Pawtrait Pets title?
Pawtrait Pets 2019 Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition the entrant agrees that they have read and understood the terms and conditions associated with “Pawtrait Pets” and agrees to have their pet’s photograph published in the Express & Star newspaper title both in print and online.
- Entries are invited between Monday, April 29, 2019 and the closing date of 5pm on Friday, May 17, 2019. Online entry only.
- All entries require upload of a recent colour photograph of your pet. Only one pet can appear on each image submitted. Images should ideally be in jpeg format, be at least 200 pixels per inch and should be no bigger than 2mb.
- Midlands News Association supports the prevention of cruelty to animals and in no way seeks to encourage readers to submit photographs or images which might endanger the wellbeing of animals and we reserve the right not to publish inappropriate pictures.
- Photographs submitted to enter the competition must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant and not have been published elsewhere. Photographs must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Entrants warrant that they own the copyright. Whilst copyright remains with entrants, by entering the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide licence to Midlands News Association to feature any or all of the submitted photographs in any of their publications or websites connected with this competition.
- By submitting a picture, the entrant warrants they are the owner of the pet with full responsibility for the animal. Pictures of wild animals will not be permitted to enter. The Editors decision is final on which pets will be accepted into the promotion.
- Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
- Entries will not be accepted without full contact details.
- Employees of Midlands News Association their families and anyone professionally connected to the promotion are not eligible to enter or vote.
- All entrants into this promotion must reside within the circulation area of the Express & Star at the time of entry into the competition. Contact the newspaper for details.
- Failure of entrants to send in suitable image or to follow any of the published rules may result in entrants’ exclusion from the competition.
- Winners may be required to participate in in-paper/online publicity within any Midlands News Association newspaper title.
- Midlands News Association reserves the right to change or withdraw this promotion at any time.
- Approved photo entries will appear within one of three Pawtrait Pets supplements planned to be published in the Express & Star on Wednesday, June 12, Thursday, June 13 and Friday, June 14, 2019. Supplement date may be subject to change. Entries may also appear on online on one of the local newspaper websites and relevant social media pages associated with the newspaper.
- Each photo will appear with the pet’s name and the owner’s first name and surname and will be allocated its own unique voting code, which will be published alongside.
- Midlands News Association accepts no responsibility for any error, misprint or omission in the printing of an entrant’s details/photograph. Although every effort will be made to ensure all entrants’ photographs are published and are of the highest quality in the event of any unforeseen circumstances where they do not appear, no compensation will be offered. It should be noted that pictures re-produced on newsprint are not of the original quality. Midlands News Association reserves the right to refuse to print or request a new image in the event that the image provided is not suitable or deemed inappropriate for in-paper and other media use.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries which are lost, delayed or images not fully uploaded. Images submitted which are deemed to be below print quality may be excluded from the competition.
- Readers will be able to vote for their chosen pet photo by using voting tokens published in the Express & Star from Wednesday, June 12, 2019 until Saturday, June 29, 2019 or via SMS text message from; 9am on Saturday, June 15 to midnight on Saturday, June 29, 2019.
- Special voting tokens may be published throughout the voting period which give the readers access to multiple votes, see the Express & Star newspaper for details. Each voting coupon will be clearly marked to specify the number of votes. Dates of publication of multiple vote coupons may not be revealed in advance.
- Voting coupons may not be published every day during this period. In the event a voting coupon does not appear in paper on any given date due to a misprint and has been publicised in advance or on the front page of the same newspaper, then the newspaper masthead on the front-page will be accepted as a single vote accompanied with the relevant unique voting code.
- Readers of the publication may vote for their favourite pet photo using the published in-paper voting tokens as many times as they like and for as many pets as they choose, providing they are using original voting coupons as published in the Express & Star newspaper title; no photocopies will be accepted.
- Readers can only vote for one pet on any single voting coupon.
- Voting coupons do not need to be posted individually, we welcome votes posted in batches. Voting coupons should be posted to the relevant newspaper title address, see voting coupon published for details.
- Correct postage should be attached to any voting coupons sent via post in order to guarantee arrival before the closing date.
- Readers will also be able to vote for their chosen pet photo by SMS using the voting instructions printed in the Express & Star. Voters must be aged 18 years or over the vote by SMS and must obtain bill payer’s permission before voting.
- Voting by SMS will be via a premium rate text service, full instructions including the SMS charge will be published in the voting coupon in each newspaper.
- Each SMS vote will count a single vote for one pet picture. Only one pet can be voted for per SMS.
- All votes (both by post and SMS) will require readers to use the Pawtrait Pets unique voting code number attributed to each pet. Unique voting codes can be found in the published Pawtrait Pets supplement and on any accompanying website (where appropriate). Any votes received with an incorrect, missing or illegible unique voting code will not be counted.
- The Express & Star accepts no responsibility for any votes that do not arrive in time, or do not arrive at all for any reason including incorrect postage and these votes will not be counted.
- No responsibility is accepted for any votes which are invalid, inaccurate, damaged, lost or mislaid for whatever reason and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Closing date for all votes is 5pm on Monday, July 15, 2019. Any votes received after this date will not be counted and any votes by SMS may still be charged at the published rate.
- There is no limit to the number of times an individual can vote for each pet by post using an official voting token published inside the Express & Star but votes by SMS will be capped at 100 votes per person per day.
- Votes will be counted and independently verified. No correspondence will be entered into. The total number of votes for each entrant will not be disclosed unless published in the newspaper.
- The pet photo with the most votes (a combination of post and SMS votes) will be deemed the winner and will receive £500. The runner up will receive £250 and the pet photo in third place will receive £100.
- The Express & Star reserves the right to amend the prize package at any time.
- There is no cash alternative to any part of this promotion or its prizes. No refunds are available for any reason on any part of the prize.
- In the event the winners are unable to take up the prize for any reason, the Express & Star reserves the right to offer the prize to the entrant with the next highest vote scoring.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.