Proposals had been put forward by the Cannock Chase Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Partnership in a bid to help “safeguard” the area.
Officials say the move is designed to protect wildlife and habitats across the Chase, but critics say charges will put people off visiting the beauty spot.
Group Save Cannock Chase was formed in June by residents who noticed Chase Road had been closed off during lockdown and has since been protesting against the Cannock Chase Special Area of Conservation Partnership’s plans.
One of the founders Stuart Haynes protested with placards outside the council on Monday, calling for the meeting to be delayed.
He said: “The reason we’re asking them to delay the meeting is the councillor who is putting it forward is not speaking to the local community or answering questions.”
A spokesman for the council said: “The £7.8m conservation plan proposed by the Cannock Chase Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Partnership is due to be considered by the County Council’s Cabinet tomorrow.
“It follows two all-party scrutiny meetings at the authority which considered whether the SAC’s consultation had been strong enough.”