Landmark West Bromwich offices of Victorian firm go on the market
A new owner is being sought for a Victorian building in West Bromwich which formed the headquarters of one of the oldest manufacturing companies in the region.
West Bromwich property agents Bond Wolfe are marketing the Grade II listed Kenrick House in Union Street, Kenrick Way.
The building dates back to 1878 and was built for Archibald Kenrick & Sons as new offices and warehousing for the firm which started life in 1791 as an iron founder.
The former headquarters encompasses a total of 31,195 sq ft and is considered suitable for a variety of uses.
The three-storey building is of brick with some dressings of stone and terra cotta with a gothic style tiled roof. There are a series of gables, window arches, plus a tower.
To the side of the premises is a large yard area which fronts on to Union Street. The 15,000-plus sq ft yard offers excellent further development potential or car parking.
James Mattin, Bond Wolfe managing partner, said: "The building is hugely impressive and something of a landmark in the town.
"It would benefit from updating throughout, but offers a great deal of potential. There is the opportunity there to improve something of real local significance.
"It is an iconic property and it would be wonderful if we could help return it to its rightful place at the centre of the community."
There are three rectangular shaped floor plates, each measuring approximately 10,398 sq ft, with offices on the first and second floor and warehousing at ground level.
The central core is currently typically utilised for larger meeting rooms/staff facilities, with the staff office accommodation located on the outer portion of the building. Many of the old wall dividers have been removed to create more open plan accommodation.
The ground floor warehouse facility incorporates a large open plan area ideal for storage or industrial uses.
Offers are invited by July 26.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.