Albion were today braced for a fresh bid from QPR for Peter Odemwingie after turning down a transfer request from the striker.
Odemwingie issued an angry statement accusing the Baggies of lacking respect after they rejected his request, designed to force a move to Loftus Road.
But West Brom insist they still have no plans to sell the 31-year-old, whose written transfer request was leaked to the media within a hour of it being submitted and rejected immediately.
Albion, who rejected a £2m bid from big-spending Rs boss Harry Redknapp last week, confirmed the news but Odemwingie, who earns more than £35,000 per week at the Hawthorns, then issued a lengthy statement.
The Nigeria international said: "I'm deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the management of West Bromwich Albion.
"During my time at the club I believe I have delivered performances, effort and goals.
"I never complained when I found out that the club failed to inform me of enquiries that might have interested me and my family in the past.
"Everyone knows how much effort and commitment I always give when I play for the club. The fans have been great with me and I will always respect them.
“At this stage of my career, this opportunity may not come around again. A new challenge, a new opportunity, and a chance to play under the stewardship of one of the most respected managers in the game.”
QPR had not contacted the Baggies again since their initial bids for both Odemwingie and defender Jonas Olsson were rejected.
But Rangers are thought to be preparing a new offer for Odemwingie with the January transfer window set to close on Thursday.
New Baggies sporting and technical director Richard Garlic said: “Peter is hugely popular with our supporters and it is disappointing that he has decided to hand in a transfer request.
“It was immediately turned down and has done nothing to change our stance during January.
“Peter is under contract until the summer of 2014 and we have no need or desire to sell our core players.
“We want to keep the squad intact to enable us to build on an encouraging first six months of the season.”Subscribe to our Newsletter