Workers had to be evacuated after an electrical fault sparked a fire at a business.
Around 20 staff had to vacate WPS International in Aldridge, after smoke-logging was caused and wiring damaged.
Firefighters were called to the unit in Westgate at around 3.30pm yesterday and four in breathing apparatus put out the fire.
Watch commander Tim Middleton, from Bloxwich fire station, said: “It was an electrical fault in the control room.
“It smoke logged the entire property but it has caused some damage to the electrics. It is going to be a considerable re-wiring job.”
WPs are stockists of stainless steel tube and handrail fittings. No one from the company was available to comment.