An Indian restaurant was forced to close after a fire ripped through the bedroom of a flat above.
Three fire crews were called to a severe blaze above Bengal Fusion in High Street in Lye just before 1pm yesterday.
The bedroom of the flat was left gutted while minor water damage was caused to the restaurant below.
The fire started from a mattress in the centre of the room. One person was in the flat at the time, and found the fire on returning from the shower.
Restaurant owner Mohammed Ali said: “I don’t know how it started - there are no electrical units near the bed which could have caused it.
“I don’t know. While the flat has nothing to do with the restaurant, the water has leaked down and we need to clear it up.”