An elderly woman was rescued from a care home after a fan in her bathroom caught light.
Fire crews were called to Matthias House on Dudley Road in Tipton on Saturday night.
An electrical fault in an extractor fan in a bathroom had set it alight.
The care home staff quickly evacuated residents in the nearby rooms, but were unable to get to the 93-year-old whose bathroom was on fire.
Firefighters were called at 11.15pm and were able to wake up the woman and lead her to safety, before tackling the fire.
Firefighter Nathan Pattimore, from Tipton station said: “She was quite shocked to see us as she had been fast asleep. But we managed to get her out. She had inhaled smoke so was checked by paramedics.”