Two people were pulled from a Halesowen house unconscious with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning while neighbouring homes were evacuated.
Fire crews were called to the mid-terrace house in Intended Street at 8.20pm last night.
A female, in her 30s, had managed to escape from the house, despite feeling unwell and called the emergency services.
Fire crews entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and pulled a middle-aged man and an 87-year-old man from the house.
Both were unconscious and were treated by paramedics for carbon monoxide poisoning.
All three were taken to hospital – the 87-year-old man and the woman went to Russells Hall while a man in his 40s was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. It is though the pensioner will be transferred to Liverpool today for specialist decompression treatment.
The Hazardous Area Response Team were also called and detected very high levels of carbon monoxide inside the property, and high levels were also found in the neighbouring properties.
The houses were evacuated and a gas engineer isolated the supply and made the property safe, before it was ventilated, and the neighbours were allowed to return to their homes.