The story of Burntwood teenager Stephen Sutton has taken another dramatic twist as he revealed on Facebook that he thinks he may have coughed up a tumour.
The 19-year-old, whose story has captured the hearts of the nation, posted on his Facebook page that he was feeling much better after apparently coughing up a tumour on Saturday night.
He said he began coughing violently after he had some visitors on Saturday evening before forcing out a red oval object.
He wrote on his page: "After a lying there for a bit longer the coughing increased and then suddenly the shortness of breath became incredibly severe.
"Amongst frantic hand pointing and panicking I felt like I was like suffocating.
"Then I forced out an oval red stained solid object through my mouth.
"My breathing and airway straight away felt clearer, but I spent the next hour violently coughing and choking, but then eventually my breathing once again stabilised."
He said his breathing has improved and he now feels better than he did when he was first admitted to hospital last weekend.
He added: "Since then, my breathing has dramatically improved. I'm really stuck for the words of how to describe it.
"The doctors have discussed what's happened and the only plausible conclusion is that I've literally coughed up a tumour that was blocking my airway."
Stephen's fundraising has topped £2.8 million after a global response from well-wishers who picked up on his story, including a number of high profile celebrities.
- See also: Bucket list teenager Stephen Sutton is amazing, says comedian Jason Manford
- Keith Harrison: Everybody hurts, even us hardened news men
- To donate to Stephen’s page visit: http://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Sutton-TCT
Subscribe to our Newsletter