A family of three, including a baby, fled their home when a fire broke out in the kitchen.
A mother, daughter and a grand-daughter less than six months old had evacuated the property on Broadmoor Road, Bilston, by the time fire crews arrived.
They suffered no injuries but smoke caused damage throughout the house.
Ade Cope, watch commander at Bilston fire station, said they were able to reach the scene soon after the fire broke out at around 10.20am on Saturday.
He added: “There was some fat, which had caught fire on a cooker, under the grill.
“There was a small amount of flame and quite a lot of smoke, but due to the caller noticing it quickly and getting everyone out we were on the scene within two minutes and were able to stop the fire escalating.”