Neighbour rescues man and children from Staffordshire house fire

A neighbour rescued a man and three children from a house fire in Staffordshire after raising the alarm.

Fire crews from Stafford and Stone were called to the home in Bedford Avenue, Stafford, at 11.30pm last night and also rescued two dogs and a guinea pig.

The children were taken to Stafford Hospital as a precautionary measure. The man did not need hospital treatment.

Crew commander Wes Southall, from Stafford fire station, said the blaze had been caused by food left cooking unattended on the stove.

“They had a lucky escape,” he said today.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Try our beta site!

We’re getting ready to launch our brand new website for expressandstar.com and we’d like to give you a sneak preview.

We’re still applying the finishing touches, so please bear with us if something’s not quite right.

We'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad, via the simple feedback button that you'll see to the right side of every page.

Try the beta