University of Birmingham website Redbrick nominated for Website of the Year

A University of Birmingham Guild of Students' website has been shortlisted for Website of the Year in the prestigious Guardian Student Media Awards.

Redbrick

Redbrick, the Guild of Students' website, scooped the award last year but has been nominated once again after the site had a relaunch this year.

Winning the award lead to members of the website team being given a two week placement at The Guardian and the team hope to repeat that success.

They will be going up against Sheffield, Leeds, Bournemouth and Imperial College London for the award after Redbrick demonstrated its ability to deliver clever and original online content that makes the most of its medium.

Ollie Cosentino, Vice President of Activities and Development at University of Birmingham Guild of Students said being nominated two years in a row shows the quality and hard work Rebrick demonstrates in maintaining its high standards.

“Having been successful in securing the title in 2011, I’m hopeful that Redbrick will see off competition once again and pick up the coveted title of ‘Website of the Year’ when the ceremony comes around in November.

“I’d like to take this opportunity on behalf of the Guild to wish everyone at Redbrick the best of luck when the panel decides,” said the Vice President.

The panel judging the rival websites will consist of esteemed media figures including BBC News Editor, Steve Herrmann and Editorial Director of Times Digital Tom Whitwell.

Competition will be stiff but, having already gained the title in 2011, the nomination shows that the innovation and creativity of the website is only getting better.