Demonstrators have said they are determined to continue their protest against fracking despite the camp becoming much quieter during a second day of action.
A heavy police presence remained outside the Cuadrilla site in London Road, Balcombe, despite the number of protesters dropping.
Officers lined up in front of the entrance of the site ahead of the second day of direct action but the camp remained calm and relaxed as the opponents held meetings and chatted to one another.
Two lorries entered the West Sussex site, with demonstrators marching in front, linking arms as the vehicles made their way down the road.
Protester George Barda, 37, said police had taken two people away while they protested.
He said: "It seems really shameful that they are trying to give the impression to the world of being democratic when they are now snatching people one by one.
"That's the second snatch I've seen this morning.
"The first one was a 50-year-old yoga teacher and the girl they've just taken is so sweet and lovely."
Natalie Hynde, daughter of Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde, and her partner Simon Medhurst were among the protesters.
The pair appeared, with 12 others, at Crawley Magistrates' Court last week charged under Section 241 of the Trade Union Labour Relations Act with attempting to stop drivers and other workers from accessing the site last month.
Sussex Police tried to stop the protesters from returning to London Road by asking for a bail condition banning them from the parish of Balcombe but magistrates released them all on unconditional bail, allowing them to return to the camp.
Campaigner Grace Blindell, 92, said she had come to show her support.
She said: "It's something we all feel very strongly about.
"There are so many people against it so why is the Government going ahead.
"I feel passionately that we are going the wrong way.
"We have become addicted to fossil fuel. We need three planets and it cannot be done.
"We have got to learn to live in a different and sustainable way. We have got to see ourselves as part of our planet.
"We have got plenty of renewable energy. This whole planet is kept going by the sun, we should use it."
Campaigners No Dash For Gas said their campaign against Cuadrilla "was a not a sprint" but a "marathon".
A statement on the No Dash For Gas website said they were pledging to continue their resistance to fracking and the wider "dash for gas", in Balcombe and elsewhere around the UK.
Discussions took place on how to continue to support the long-term camp at Balcombe and planning future direct action against fossil fuel use and extraction elsewhere in the UK, including at other proposed fracking sites, a spokesman said.
Sussex Police said of those arrested yesterday, nine people had been charged.
Katie Brown, 33, from Liverpool, Beaujolais Bulman, 26, from Lancaster, Peter Coville, 46, from Reading, Josef Dobraszczyk, 22, from Reading, Ruth Jarman, 50, from Hook, Hampshire, Ruth Malcolm, 19, from Lancaster, Sheila Menon, 41, of no fixed address, Ruth Potts, 39, from Bath, and Kim Turner, 56, from Brighton, were all charged with failing to comply with a condition imposed by a senior police officer under Section 14 of the Public Order Act.
They will all appear at Crawley Magistrates' Court on September 4, a police spokesman.
Daniel White, 19, arrested earlier on Monday in connection with an incident on Friday when a group of people were asked to leave private land close to the drilling site, has been charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
He will appear at Crawley Magistrates' Court on September 4.
Seven people ranging in age from 18 to 66 have been bailed until August 29, police said.
A further eight people aged between 17 and 52 have been bailed until August 27.
Three men, aged 62, 36 and 20, and a girl aged 15 were all cautioned and released from custody.
Green Party MP Caroline Lucas, who was arrested in Balcombe yesterday, said she was trying to stop a process which could cause enormous damage for decades to come, undermining efforts to tackle climate change and posing risks to the local environment.
She added that she will find out the police's decision about whether to press charges next week.
A Sussex Police spokesman said fireworks and drugs had been seized from an area of woodland close to the Cuadrilla site, where a number of people were involved in threatening a landowner who asked them to leave on Friday.
Three people have been arrested, two for offences that happened during yesterday's protests and one in connection with the arrival of a lorry at the site today.
The force also denied accusations that officers were purposefully "heavy-handed" or used "kettles", explaining why further arrests were made today and were necessary yesterday when 29 people were detained.
Superintendent Lawrence Hobbs said: "Yesterday, there was a notable change in some protesters' actions and intent, which required different policing tactics to be used in response.
"At times, it was necessary to remove people from a designated emergency access route who, despite repeated requests to move, refused to do so and some who were resistant to this."
He said their preferred method was to talk to people but that officers had to resort to physical action, including the use of pressure points, if someone is resisting arrest.
He added: "Restraint can look very physical and, particularly if you've never seen it before, quite alarming. It is effective and I am not aware of any injuries that occurred yesterday, other than a minor one to a police officer who was bitten by a protester."
Mr Hobbs said that an officer who was caught on video footage not wearing epaulettes would be spoken to about why they were missing.